We used this yeast in a 15-gallon pilot batch of witbier in a stainless conical fermenter with temp control. We started the beer on the cold side (65) and let it rise to around 70. The beer attenuated in a normal amount of time (3-5 days), and we gave it a good 1-2 weeks afterwards for diacetyl cleanup at warm temperatures. We kegged off the beer and force carbonated it over a few days. The carbonation brought out a distinct fart-like aroma -- the beer had a lot of mercaptan, which we had noticed in the fermenter but decided to keg anyhow. I tried throwing a clean copper penny into a small glass of the beer and the mercaptan aroma was significantly diminished after a minute or so, so I was planning on dipping a piece of sanitized copper pipe into each keg of the beer for a minute or two to try to react out some of the mercaptans, but laziness prevailed and after a week I noticed the aroma had significantly improved. It has now been three weeks in kegs and the beer is starting to be reasonably good with a pleasant phenolic spice character (not clove, more like black pepper).
We transferred a new batch Dubbel onto the cone from the witbier batch. The beer started fermenting after about 12-18 hours and everything appeared normal until it stalled at 1.050 (from 1.075 OG). Samples from the fermenter showed the same mercaptan aroma forming, and samples had significant head and suspended CO2 even though our fermenter has a 1" blowoff hose and plumbing. We removed the blowoff hose from the sanitizer bucket to eliminate back-pressure, and fermentation slowly started again as CO2 was evacuating from the beer. To speed things up, we set up a recirculation loop with a pump between the racking arm and the cone, which nucleated an insane amount of CO2 out of the beer and got fermentation rolling again (very active), with a ton of blowoff in the process. Left the blowoff hose out of the starsan, but fermentation stalled again at 1.025. Set up the same recirc loop, but this time all of the CO2 in suspension nucleated instantly, and we had a beer volcano flowing out of the 1" blowoff and spilling everywhere, and even with that too much pressure built up in the fermenter and the lid seals blew -- beer flowed down the sides of the fermenter. It was a big mess. We resealed the fermenter and cleaned everything up, and fermentation was off again like lightning. The beer has now been sitting in the fermenter for a while after reaching terminal because we are waiting for acetaldehyde reduction (it is rapidly diminishing), and the fart-like aroma is gone entirely.
In the end, both of these beers taste great, but this yeast is definitely a beast of it's own that takes a lot of work to tame, especially if the goal is to make beer with it commercially in a conical fermenter.