An active dried yeast well-suited for use in simultaneous saccharification fermentation of starch substrates from grain. It has a high tolerance to liberated glucose.
- Has a high cell count (>1 x 1010 cells/g)
- Rehydrates well in direct pitch applications
- Has high ethanol and temperature tolerance
- Has organic acid tolerance
- Can be used in conjunction with glucoamylase and alpha amylase enzyme systems
This yeast product has optimal performance within a pH range of 4.0 to 5.0 but can ferment well in the range of 3.5 to 6.0. Optimal fermentation temperature is dependent on other stresses present (i.e. organic acid, ethanol and pH) but generally ferments well in the range of 33°C to 37°C (92°F to 98°F). Under proper conditions, this yeast can produce ethanol up to and beyond 16% w/v.