9 lbs Coopers Light malt Extract
1 lb 40L Crystal Malt
1/2 lb 60L Crystal Malt
1/4 lb Carapils® Malt
1 oz Chinook (30 min)
1/2 oz Columbus (30 min)
1 oz Liberty (last 2 min of boil)
1 oz Cascade (steep)
1 1/2 oz Mt Hood (steep)
1 vial White Labs WLP005 British Ale Yeast
Coopers Carbonation Drops (priming)
1. Steep Crystal and Carapils® malts in 159-180F brewing water (amount of water determined by size of your pot) for 15-20 minutes. Then remove.
2. Mix in Coopers Light Malt Extract, Chinook and Columbus hops. Bring to very light boil. Total boil time 30 minutes.
3. Add the rest of hops based on above hop schedule.
4. Cool wort in pot, then transfer to fermenter, top up if necessary to 5 gallons.
5. Pitch yeast when temperature is <80F.