Top 10 Highlights of 2019
We did a lot of great things in 2019 and are excited to carry the momentum into the new year! Check out some of our favorite moments below.
1) Our team, along with many others, worked collaboratively on a paper in Nature that dives into the influence of interspecific hybridization in yeast adaptation and domestication.
2) We launched our first kveik strain, WLP518 Opshaug Kveik Ale Yeast.
3) White Labs Kitchen & Tap hosted their first-ever fermentation festival to celebrate Asheville Beer Week.
4) We invested in operational improvements to increase our production capabilities. Increased production = more yeast out the door and into your wort!
5) We teamed up with Marañón Chocolate to release WLP546 Marañón Canyon Wild Cacao. The strain that was isolated from rare, thought-to-be-extinct cacao beans that were rediscovered in a remote Peruvian canyon. Read the full story.
6) Charlie Papazian’s strain got a more suiting name, WLP1983 Charlie’s Fist Bump Yeast.
7) We rebuilt Yeastman to improve our online ordering.
8) Our charity, Beer for Boobs, raised $50,000 to help support the fight against breast cancer.
9) We bottled our infamous Frankenstout, brewed with 96 yeast strains, for the second time ever in celebration of San Diego Beer Week.
Moments like these wouldn’t exist without customers like you. We appreciate your support and look forward to celebrating 25 years in business with you this year. Cheers!