Ready to learn more about the microbes responsible for making sour and farmhouse beers? Join us at our White Labs San Diego location or online through our live webcast for this one-day Sour Beer Essentials workshop.
This one-day workshop will explore:
• The finer points of fermenting sour beer
• Intricacies of handling the yeast and bacteria
• Culture selection
• Spontaneous and modern fermentation techniques, from kettle souring to long-term secondary fermentation
• How to produce clean, wild beers in shared space
• Basic QA/QC techniques
• A tour of Ballast Point barrel aging facility and happy hour will follow lectures for in-person attendees
• Neva Parker—Vice President of Operations
• Karen Fortmann, Ph.D.—Senior Scientist
• Erik Fowler—Education & Engagement Curator
• Travis Smith - Brewmaster & Co-founder - Societe Brewing Company
We are excited to offer this class as a live webcast of this workshop for the cost of $400. Early-bird pricing is $350 and ends on February 12, 2019. The webcast will be broadcast live from 9 a.m. to approximately 3 p.m. PST.