* This course is currently full. Please email [email protected] to be added to the waitlist.
**This course is currently only open for those who have completed Yeast Essentials 2.0.
This one-day class is a supplemental lab that continues and expands upon the topics and techniques discussed during presentations and the lab portion of Yeast Essentials 2.0. With a small group size and one-on-one guidance by the White Labs technical team, you will learn detailed procedures to improve your brewery’s yeast handling, storage and general quality checks.
Procedures which will be reviewed and practiced include:
• General sanitation including pulling samples aseptically
• Cell counting and pitch rate calculation
• Harvesting yeast to a brink/corny keg
• Pulling yeast sample from brink
• Taking gravities/pH correctly
• Determining cell count, slurry density, viability and pitching yeast
• Prepping media, plating samples and determining possible sources of contamination
• Clearing samples for packaging through validations of VDK and sensory attributes
• Creating a specific quality control program at your brewery