Yeast and the process of fermentation are necessary for the production of alcohol. We’ll discuss the proper vocabulary to describe yeast influenced flavor and aroma, how yeast interacts with other ingredients and identify flocculation and attenuation attributes. To assist with advancing your fermentation knowledge, White Labs is hosting a 90-minute in-person workshop on this topic.
- From grain to finished beer: the role yeast plays in fermentation
- Understanding yeast attributes (attenuation, flocculation, flavor production)
- Ale vs. lager: identifying flavor and aroma
- Importance of accurately describing beer
- Evaluating beer from a quality and sensory perspective
This class will be taught by White Labs Education & Engagement Curator Asheville, Jo Doyle. Jo has been in the food and beverage industry for 30 years with 8 years immersed in the world of beer. Jo holds her Cicerone Certification and is a BJCP Certified Beer Judge.
Who should attend:
This class is ideal for brewery, front of house and sales staff
How to sign up:
Secure your spot by purchasing a ticket: