Quality is a term used almost every day in the brewing industry and it encompasses many aspects of brewing, from ingredients to process to packaged beer. For the last 25 years at White Labs, we set out on a single mission: to stretch the limits of science to set new standards and support quality in every aspect of beer.
As part of this mission, we launched Big QC Day in 2007 as a low-cost option to help breweries understand the quality of their beer. It also lets participants compare their samples to others and gain insight into the ever-evolving industry. In 2019, we learned that the craft brewing industry has an average ABV of 6.29%, IBU of 34, and diacetyl of 43.49 ppb. In addition, we found that of the 730 samples we tested, 39.76% were using STA+ strains.
Learn what’s in your beer while saving up to $430 on beer tests. Purchase your Big QC test kit today to get started.
• Alcohol content
• Color (SRM)
• Attenuation - real and apparent
• Microbiological contaminants
• Gluten testing (add-on option)
• Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus PCR analysis (add-on option); Please note: STA1+ strains will be detected via PCR
• LSQCDAYSTANDARD: $139 for two samples
• LSQCDAYGLUTEN: $199 for two samples with gluten testing
• LSQCDAYPCR: $199 for two samples with PCR testing
• LSQCDAYGLUTEN+PCR: $259 for two samples plus gluten and PCR testing
2021 Big QC Dates
How to Order
Big QC Day Report Sample
Follow up Consulting
If the results of Big QC Day shows that more testing or consulting is desired, please do not hesitate to reach out to White Labs for additional help. You may call 888.593.2785 or email [email protected] to learn more. Find more information here, https://www.whitelabs.com/distillation/consulting-and-special-projects.
Don't worry about what's happening with your beer, test it!